We hope this page can answer your questions about our services. You can contact us at any time with further inquiries.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
This means that the hormone composition within the pellet is of the exact same
chemical and molecular structure to the hormones made in our body. This allows the hormone (our “key”) to act directly on the receptor (“lock”). B/c it is bio-identical, it can do so in the same way as our own natural hormones do.
Hormones are involved in most of the body’s basic functions like digestion, appetite, immune function, brain function, libido, and mood. Low or imbalanced hormone levels can have widespread effects on your health and feeling of well-being. For many people, the solution is hormone replacement therapy, which just as it sounds, is the use of medications to replace the hormones your body isn’t producing. Hormones are messenger chemicals that tell other parts of the body how and when to work. They control almost all tasks in the body. Low or imbalanced hormone levels can have widespread effects on your health and feeling of well-being.
As men age, they experience a decline in their vitality as testosterone levels fall. This typically starts around age 40, however, most men will not experience symptoms till they are in their 50s. Symptoms associated with declining testosterone levels include:
- Declining muscle mass
- Weight gain
- Sleep disturbance
- Reduced libido
- Loss of stamina
- Possible erectile dysfunction
There are also clinical studies which have shown that a declining testosterone level is associated with an increased risk for poor cardiac health, elevated lipid levels, diabetes, reduced bone density, and prostate cancer.
Bioidentical hormone replacement (BHRT) via the use of pellets is a specific form of hormone replacement therapy that involves the gentle insertion of small, solid pellets containing hormones into the body. In men, hormone replacement pellet therapy is typically used to treat symptoms of andropause, which is the male equivalent of menopause. Some potential benefits of hormone replacement pellet therapy for men may include:
- Improved energy levels and vitality
- Enhanced sex drive and performance
- Improved mental clarity and focus
- Increased muscle mass and strength
- Improved mood and quality of life
It is important to note that hormone replacement pellet therapy is not right for everyone and may not be suitable for men with certain medical conditions or taking certain medications. It is important to discuss the potential benefits and risks of hormone replacement pellet therapy with a healthcare provider before starting treatment.
In women, BHRT is used primarily to treat the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause. However, hormone imbalances can occur at any age, even in women in their 20s. Bioidentical hormones, which are man-made from plant estrogens, have the same molecular structure and act the same as natural human hormones. The most common hormones used in BHRT for women are estrogens (estradiol (E2) and estriol (E3)) and progesterone. Testosterone, progesterone, and/or DHEA may also be part of a treatment plan for some patients.
In women, testosterone is a vital hormone for eliciting necessary physiological effects in multiple body tissues. It is important to note that testosterone is the most active sex hormone in women throughout her lifespan. As women age, reduction in testosterone leads to increased abdominal fat, hair loss, irritability, anxiety, depression, fatigue, reduced libido and orgasm potential, headaches, and a lack of well-being. There is also the benefit of reduced cardiovascular disease, reduced breast cancer risk, and improved bone density.
The 6 Key Benefits of BHRT (Women)
- Menopause Management
The most common use of BHRT is to treat the symptoms of menopause in women. These can include hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, sleep problems, fatigue, weight gain, loss of muscle mass, foggy thinking, and mood changes.
- Loss of Bone Density
Postmenopausal osteoporosis affects many women during the first decade following menopause. Bones become brittle, fragile, and easily fractured. It is one of the most common
postmenopausal problems that doctors treat.
- Improved Heart Health
Until women reach menopause, they are protected from many cardiovascular problems by their hormones. However, once estrogen and certain adrenal hormones start to decline, women may need hormone replacement therapy to help protect their heart and blood vessels.
- Sexual Dysfunction
BHRT may help with vaginal dryness in women, decreased libido in both sexes,
and sexual functioning issues in men.
- Muscle and Strength Loss
Men and women can lose muscle mass and strength as hormone levels decrease. Hormone replacement can help patients continue enjoying their favorite sports and activities.
- Mood Disorders
Hormonal changes in menopause or andropause can cause or worsen mood swings, anxiety disorders, or depression. In addition to worry, fear, agitation, irritability, nervousness, and irrational thoughts, patients can have physical symptoms — rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, nausea, numbness, lightheadedness, shakiness, and high blood pressure.
Bioidentical hormone replacement (BHRT) via the use of pellets is a specific form of hormone replacement therapy that involves the gentle insertion of small, solid pellets containing hormones into the body. In women, hormone replacement pellet therapy is typically used to treat symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, night sweats, and vaginal dryness. Some potential benefits of hormone replacement pellet therapy for women may include:
- Relief of menopausal symptoms: Hormone replacement pellet therapy can help to alleviate the symptoms of menopause and improve quality of life.
- Improved bone health: Estrogen, which is one of the hormones that can be replaced with hormone replacement pellet therapy, plays a role in bone health. Hormone replacement therapy has been shown to reduce the risk of osteoporosis, a condition that causes the bones to become weak and brittle.
- Improved cardiovascular health: Some studies have suggested that hormone replacement therapy may reduce the risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attack and stroke in postmenopausal women.
It's important to note that hormone replacement pellet therapy is not right for everyone and may not be suitable for women with certain medical conditions or taking certain medications. It's important to discuss the potential benefits and risks of hormone replacement pellet therapy with a healthcare provider before starting treatment.
Vitamins and Supplements
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is important for maintaining healthy bones and teeth, as it helps the body absorb calcium. Vitamin D is also thought to have a number of other health benefits, including:
- Boosting the immune system: Vitamin D may help to strengthen the immune system, which can help to protect against infections and diseases.
- Regulating blood pressure: Some studies have suggested that vitamin D may help to regulate blood pressure, which can help to reduce the risk of hypertension and heart disease.
- Reducing the risk of certain cancers: Some research has suggested that vitamin D may help to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, such as breast, prostate, and colon cancer.
- Improving mental health: Vitamin D may be involved in the regulation of mood and may be helpful in the treatment of certain mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety.
Vitamin D is produced by the body when the skin is exposed to sunlight, and it is also found in certain foods, such as fatty fish, egg yolks, and fortified foods. Some people, such as those who have limited sun exposure and those with certain medical conditions, may be at risk of vitamin D deficiency and may benefit from taking vitamin D supplements. It's important to discuss vitamin D supplementation with a healthcare provider to determine if it is necessary and to determine the appropriate dosage.
What is ADK?
ADK is a balanced formulation of nutrients - vitamins A, D3 and K2 - that work together to maximize bone building, calcium optimization and cardiovascular health. In the case of ADK, each vitamin provides a number of health benefits that are enhanced when they work in conjunction with the other vitamins in the formula.
Vitamin A - Supports the rejuvenation of health bones and ensures bone density
Vitamin D3 - Aids calcium absorption to support bone and cardiovascular health
Vitamin K2 - Guides calcium to the bones and away from blood vessels
Revision Vitamin C Lotion - Formulated with THD Ascorbate, the most stable and lipid-soluble form of Vitamin C and includes a full line-up of antioxidants such as Vitamin E and Coenzyme Q10 to brighten dull skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and loss of firmness. Squalene hydrates for healthy, smooth skin.
The 30% concentration, time-released formula is one of the most potent and effective Vitamin C products available.
Who benefits? All skin types, ideal for those with dry, oily, sensitive or combination skin types. It increases the duration of action of your aesthetic treatments.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential for the proper functioning of the body. It is also a popular ingredient in skin care products because it is thought to have various benefits for the skin. Some potential benefits of vitamin C for the skin include:
- Protecting the skin from environmental damage: Vitamin C is an antioxidant, which means that it can help to protect the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and contribute to the development of skin aging and certain types of skin cancer.
- Promoting collagen production: Vitamin C is involved in the production of collagen, a protein that is important for skin structure and strength. Collagen production tends to decrease with age, which can lead to wrinkles and other signs of aging. Vitamin C may help to stimulate collagen production, which can help to improve the appearance of the skin.
- Brightening the skin: Vitamin C can help to brighten the skin and improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation, which is the production of excess pigment that can result in uneven skin tone.
- Reducing inflammation: Vitamin C has anti-inflammatory effects, which may make it useful in the treatment of conditions that involve inflammation, such as acne.
Vitamin C can be obtained from a variety of sources, including foods such as citrus fruits, strawberries, and leafy green vegetables, and supplements. It can also be applied topically in the form of skin care products, such as serums and creams. It's important to use vitamin C products as directed and to be aware of the potential for side effects, such as skin irritation.
Collagen is a protein that is found in the skin, bones, and connective tissue of the body. Collagen supplements are products that contain collagen or substances that are thought to promote the production of collagen in the body. Some potential benefits of collagen supplements may include:
- Improved skin health: Collagen is a major component of the skin and is involved in skin structure and strength. Collagen supplements may help to improve the appearance of the skin by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, improving skin elasticity, and reducing the appearance of scars.
- Improved bone and joint health: Collagen is also found in bone and connective tissue, and supplements may help to support bone and joint health.
- Improved hair and nail health: Collagen is a major component of hair and nails, and supplements may help to improve the appearance and strength of hair and nails.
It's important to note that the effectiveness of collagen supplements for these and other uses has not been definitively established, and more research is needed to determine their safety and effectiveness. Collagen supplements should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare provider.
We are proud to offer Skinade as your primary collagen supplement. After completing a course of skinade, we anticipate you will appreciate the following results:
- Increased skin hydration and radiance
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increased skin suppleness
- Healthier looking hair and nails
Skinade comes in a ready-to-drink 150ml bottle. Each bottle provides a perfect ratio of liquid to functional ingredients to create one of the most advanced anti-ageing skincare products available. Just open and drink!
Skinade also comes in a 15ml liquid concentrate. Each sachet contains exactly the same level of essential nutrients as a skinade bottle. It's travel sized, so you can take it with you anywhere you go! Just stir the contents of the sachet into half a glass of cold water and drink.
To consume the same level of essential nutrients and collagen peptides you would have to take at least 20 large tablets. Collagen tablets are more difficult to ingest and assimilate into the body and are only partially absorbed.
The collagen and essential ingredients in skinade are in liquid formulation and 90% to 95% are absorbed by the body, while tablets offer an absorption rate of only 30% to 40%.
The liquid formula in skinade offers a huge advantage in terms of absorption rates. Skinade functions sublingually and isotonically ensuring that our collagen peptides and essential micro-nutrients achieve an absorption rate of 90-95% - A level that can never be matched by tablets, or powders suspended in solution.
This pentadecapeptide (15-amino acids) was discovered and isolated from human gastric secretions.
- Tissue repair – especially injured muscles / tendons / ligaments / bone via increased production of type 1 collagen in these tissues.
- Promotes healing of traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Ideal for deep skin burns and corneal injuries.
- Cardio / neuroprotective.
- Acts systemically in the digestive tract (as it is cytoprotective) to combat leaky gut syndrome, IBS, gastro-intestinal cramping, and Crohn’s disease.
- Provides liver protection from toxic damage (i.e., alcohol / antibiotics)
- Side Effects: Minimal.
- Note: BPC-157 has been studied in several human clinical trials and is generally considered safe and relatively free of side effects, though it has not yet been approved for human use outside of clinical trials.
Copper peptides are small proteins that contain copper and are thought to have various health benefits. Some potential benefits of copper peptides include:
- Promoting wound healing: Copper peptides have been shown to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which are proteins that are important for the repair of damaged tissue. Copper peptides may therefore be useful in promoting wound healing.
- Reducing inflammation: Copper peptides have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects, which may make them useful in the treatment of conditions that involve inflammation, such as arthritis.
- Improving skin health: Copper peptides are sometimes used in skin care products because they are thought to improve the appearance of the skin. They may help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, improve skin texture, and reduce the appearance of scars.
It's important to note that the effectiveness of copper peptides for these and other uses has not been definitively established, and more research is needed to determine their safety and effectiveness. Copper peptides should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare provider.
Vivace™ is a microneedling procedure that is effective in treating fine lines and also tightens the skin. It is unique in its ability to provide three different treatments in a single session. It combines microneedling with radiofrequency treatment, LED light therapy and radiofrequency heat. The LED light therapy reduces inflammation which speeds healing immediately after the procedure. During the treatment, gold-tipped microneedles deliver the radiofrequency heat into the subdermal layers of your skin. This stimulates your skin's own production of elastin and collagen.
Vivace™ effectively repairs damaged skin caused by the sun or the natural aging process. You'll likely be able to see some immediate improvement after radiofrequency microneedling.
Side effects with Vivace are minimal. Patients may experience some mild redness and irritation at the treatment area, which shouldn't last more than one to two days after the treatment. This is the skin's normal response and should go away shortly, however, an optimal outcome typically isn't noticeable until 1-2 weeks post-treatment.
Three treatments are recommended, spaced four to six weeks apart, and provide the optimal results most patients are looking for. Single and maintenance treatments are available, depending on your desired outcome.
More treatments may be available for certain conditions. A personalized plan will be developed for you.
Microneedling creates microscopic openings in the surface of the skin. It causes the tissue to develop new collagen and elastin, resulting in smoother, firmer skin.
- Minimally invasive. Relatively gentle on your skin with minimal bruising and/or bleeding.
- Increased collagen production. Collagen is responsible for keeping your skin looking healthy and youthful.
- Decreases the appearance of scars. This occurs through stimulated production of new skin cells which help to fill in and smooth out old and new scars.
- Minimizes pores. Reduced poor size is beneficial in helping your skin look smoother and more youthful.
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Reduces the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. As microneedling creates tiny punctures in the skin it helps stimulate collagen production which in turn reduces the appearance of dark circles under your eyes. Generally, once your skin has healed you should see a noticeable improvement.
You may hear microneedling referred to as percutaneous collagen induction because the treatment increases collagen in your skin. Collagen is the supportive scaffolding of youthful, smooth skin. It naturally declines with age. By inducing the creation of collagen (as well as elastin), microneedling leads to smoother, plumper, firmer skin.
The Microneedling Process
Modern treatments use an automated pen-like device. It’s handheld. The head of the device contains a circular arrangement of tiny needles. The device is set to penetrate the skin at a certain depth, making the treatment highly customizable. As the provider passes the head of rotating needles across the skin, the needles make tiny openings in the epidermis. These minuscule punctures prompt a healing response in the skin without damaging tissue. Opening the skin’s pores for nourishing topicals: Another benefit of microneedling is that the skin is essentially opened via the tiny channels made, and can thereby better absorb any variety of rejuvenating topical ointments, creams and other skin products chosen by you and the provider.
How Long Does It Take to Heal from Microneedling?
Microneedling is minimally invasive, but your face will be flushed and red for about 24-72 hours after the appointment. During this time, don’t apply facial cosmetics. We know it is tempting to conceal the redness, but microneedling opens the pores of your face, so the last thing to do is clog all those channels into the epidermis with makeup.
What should I expect my skin to look like immediately after the procedure?
For 24-48 hours, it is normal to experience peeling, dryness, swelling and bumps. We recommend use of our SKINFUSEÒ Post SkinPenÒ Protocol which cleanses, moisturizes, and protects your skin as well as promotes a radiant and fresh appearance. The results will continue to improve over the next couple of months as new collagen and elastin forms.
There are a few activity limitations for the first 72 hours following microneedling. During this time, we recommend that you avoid sun exposure and strenuous exercise, because sweating and excess blood flow can cause irritation and hinder results. Minimizing sun exposure for a full week after the procedure is advised and will maximize the results of the procedure.
As a general rule of thumb, microneedling treatment can be safely done about once a month or every 4 to 6 weeks. This is the frequency that works best for the majority of patients of all skin types, but some patients find that microneedling treatment more or less frequently than this range works best for their skin and their aesthetic goals.
Sofwave™ is a new, clinically proven, non-invasive approach and solution for lifting the eyebrow, lax submental tissue, neck tissue, and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. The ultrasound causes small injuries in the dermis and as the body repairs itself and heals those injuries, it produces new collagen and tightens the tissue. It's literally the exact same idea as radiofrequency and microneedling, but you are noninvasively going through the skin.
Sofwave™ delivers energy simultaneously to coagulate more tissue area, quickly, at a depth of 1.5mm in the mid-dermis. Immediate results can be seen as soon as 1 week following the treatment. However, the collagen regeneration process can sometimes take up to 12 weeks, so patients are expected to see ongoing improvements in 3 months after their treatment.
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure that uses laser energy to destroy the hair follicles, which can result in the permanent reduction of hair growth. Laser hair removal can be an effective way to reduce unwanted hair on various parts of the body, including the face, underarms, bikini area, and legs.
The effectiveness of laser hair removal can vary depending on factors such as the color and thickness of the hair, the color of the skin, and the type of laser used. Laser hair removal may be more effective for people with darker, coarser hair and lighter skin, as the laser energy is absorbed better by these hair and skin types.
It's also important to note that laser hair removal can cause some side effects, such as redness, swelling, and skin irritation. These side effects are usually temporary and resolve within a few days, but in rare cases, side effects such as scarring and changes in skin color can occur.
It's important to discuss the potential benefits and risks of laser hair removal with a healthcare provider before starting treatment. They can help you determine if laser hair removal is a suitable option for you and advise you on how to minimize the risk of side effects.
Semaglutide is an injectable prescription medicine most commonly used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes. However, it is also widely available as an off-label use for weight loss.
It falls in a class of drugs called GLP-1 receptor agonists and it works by stimulating the release of insulin from your pancreas when your body is exposed to glucose. It regulates your blood sugar, but it also targets that area in the brain that sends the signal of feeling full or not.
Semaglutide is a medication that is used to improve glycemic control in people with diabetes and has also been shown to cause weight loss. Some potential benefits of semaglutide for weight loss include:
- Significant weight loss: Studies have shown that semaglutide can cause significant weight loss in people with obesity. In one study, people who took semaglutide lost an average of 13.8% of their body weight over 6 to 8 weeks, while those in the placebo group lost an average of 1.8%.
- Sustained weight loss: In some studies, the weight loss caused by semaglutide has been found to be sustained over time. This suggests that semaglutide may be a useful option for long-term weight management.
- Improved blood sugar control: In addition to causing weight loss, semaglutide has been shown to be effective at improving glycemic control in people with diabetes. This can be beneficial for people with obesity who are at increased risk of developing diabetes.
It's important to note that semaglutide is not a weight loss medication and should not be used as such unless it has been specifically prescribed by a healthcare provider. Semaglutide should only be used as part of a comprehensive weight loss program that includes a healthy diet and regular physical activity.
You must continue to exercise, eat a well-balanced diet (HIGH protein / LOW CHOs), reduce your alcohol consumption, and follow-up with your healthcare provider annually.